Saturday, April 06, 2013

Medley of pictures



This first one is Bab al-Futuh, one of the three remaining gates in the ancient Fatimid walls of Cairo.

The Alexandria tram


My cousin Laila dancing in her apartment

Khouweider, an Arabic sweetshop which my father thought was the best in Cairo--it is excellent.

A street shot in Cairo

Floating on the Nile



A shot of the crowds in the office that does birth certificates

A broken down car in a prime parking spot next to the Nile, near my uncle's house.

My uncle on a felucca

Conny, me, Lina and Gihan. Conny and Gihan are my cousins' wives (Ahmed and Mahmoud respectively) and Lina is Ahmed's daughter. She's studying art at the American University in Cairo.

Gihan again--she loves to laugh

An old, square minaret

a quick glimpse at an archive room off of the office that does powers of attorney. I wish I could have gotten a shot of the bigger archive room--my colleagues in Archives would have swooned at the mess and terrible storage.

Love the stone work

A shot of the Mediterranean from my cousin Mahmoud's balcony in Alexandria.

1 comment:

jennie kiessling said...

Beautiful images of sweet shops...

Love your cousin Laila dancing!

Very interested to hear what kind of art Lina is studying...