Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hill of Tara

Hill of Tara, a place which was in use for 3 millennia and more, is a huge and subtle site. It's hard to tell exactly what you are looking at. There are huge earthworks. The site has parts which were built in various times such as early and late prehistory, the stone, iron and bronze ages. It was where the high kings reigned and is said to be the seat of the Tuatha de Danann, who are also known as Ireland's Sidhe or Faery. It's high on a hill, very green and relatively isolated and quite large. Truly they don't know what any of it was exactly although there are parts which appear more ritual and others more defensive. Then there are the legends and stories. Altogether a fascinating set of ideas. 



Panorama trying to take it in. 

I don't think I'm going to make the Irish session tonight much as I'm very tired still even after a 4 hour nap. 

I did finally get some money and figured out a SIM card for my phone. And parking. It is ridiculous how proud I am that I've managed not to make any mistakes. 

No comments: