Monday, November 28, 2005

eHarmony, the blank slate

I'm back in Seattle now and I walked quite a way (from 21st and Union up to Broadway) for dinner, so at least I managed one of the things I am trying to make a habit of today!!

I've been a member of eHarmony for probably two years, or a bit more, at this point. It started out O.K., and was active for quite some time and then, sometime in the last year, just became a dead thing. I have nudged it firmly and it only wheezes, very unconvincingly. Maybe it is my profile, but one way or another, the men I am matched to (and it is way more people than you might think) are not interested in me. That's quite mutual, I must admit. For some reason, their matching thing seems far less discriminatory than they suggest it is. They also somehow fail to take into account upbringing and values, I think--because mine are not reflected even slightly in 99% of the matches they make for me. I really don't think it is too much to ask that I should not have to completely educate these matches and put up with the vibrations of "you are weird" because I am not like they are. I actually quit about 6 months ago, but then I got asked to communicate for the first time in probably 3 months, so I re-upped for a few months. I'm not appreciating it, though, so I think it is high time I just said no.

No comments: